Pages

Friday 14 October 2016

Swimming

Hi there,
This week on Thursday, Scott Class has gone to the Cameron pools to learn how to swim. We were put into groups 1, 2, and 3 only for the people who didn't know or remember which group they were in. I was in group three, and what we were doing was practicing swimming with a swimming board first. After we've done that we did some other things like swimming on our backs, doing an arm stroke and some other things like that. Here are some photos from our swimming session/lesson:

Lorna using a swimming board

Manahal lying on her back

Two people doing arm strokes

5 comments:

  1. Hi Petulisa,

    Did you enjoy swimming? Do you think that next week you will be in the big pool? I think your group might be. Do you go swimming with your family?

    Mrs Archer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Archer,
      Yes I do enjoy swimming. I think my group might go to the big pool. Yes, sometimes I go swimming with my family. Do you go swimming with your family?

      From Petulisa

      Delete
    2. Hi Petulisa,
      I go swimming quite a bit over the summer, especially when I am visiting my family in Wellington. My brothers house is right by the beach so it's nice to be able to go and cool off on a hot day. Do you prefer swimming at the beach or in a pool?

      Mrs Archer

      Delete
    3. Hi Mrs Archer,
      I think I would prefer a pool because sometimes when I swim in the beach, the salt water hurts my eyes. How old were you when you started swimming?

      From Petulisa

      Delete
    4. Hmm that's a tricky question Petulisa! I don't remember. I would have to ask my mum! But I have seen photos of me swimming when I was quite little, definitely before I started school. I understand what you mean about the salt water, but did you know you are more buoyant in salt water (that means it's easier to float!)?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.